Advantages of Manufactured Homes
Housing is expensive. Custom designed Manufactured Homes are a great alternative to other types of housing. With the high cost of new construction, as well as the time involved to get permits, a factory-built home just makes sense these days. Homes do not need a conventional building permits and because they are built in a factory, these homes are much lower cost and quicker to build. Enjoy the benefits of home ownership with much less hassle.
Modern factory built homes, whether built to Federal HUD or Modular building codes are built on a chassis system that allows transport to the building site in components, often referred to as double wide for 2-section homes and triple wide for 3-section homes. Certified tradespeople setup and finish each home on your prepared site after the majority of the construction is previously completed. Homes can be set on a variety of approved foundation types, providing a beautiful high-end look that fits into any neighborhood.
- Speed of Construction – off-site factory construction allows building and site work (such as grading, underground utilities etc) to be completed simultaneously, reducing overall completion since things move in parallel.
- Indoor Construction – Homes are constructed in a modern client controlled factory protected from weather, pests or other adverse site conditions. This results in work efficiencies and eliminates damaged building materials because of inclement weather.
- Manufacturing Scale - Marlette is a large-scale manufacturing plant that brings in building materials by the train load! Along with the national purchasing power of Clayton Homes, building hundreds of homes per year lets us get very very good at it.
- Remote Locations – homes built in a factory close to a large supply of materials and labor reduce both time and cost. Even the most remote cabin get-away can be built centrally and then moved to your site for final assembly and setup. In addition, your sales person can customize every aspec of the home as well as meet any specific site conditions (e.g. snow loads).
- Low Waste – popular floorplans are being constantly built, and so the manufacturer has records of exactly what quantity of materials are needed for a given job. While waste from a site-built dwelling may typically fill several large dumpsters, factory construction generates a lot less waste, reduces cost and, much better for the environment!
- Flexibility – we custom build every home to your exact specification, down to every light switch, wall tile to the roof truss. Start from a base floorplan and detail out each iNo two homes are alike.
- High End Features – solid wood frame floors and walls from high quality materials. Homes exteriors can also incorporate architectural features such as raised ceilings, large picture windows, beautiful gable roofs and 100's of other customization details while still keeping all the advantages of factory construction.
- Financing – manufactured homes can be financed like real property or combined with the land into a traditional mortgage. One advantage of keeping the finance separate is that it can often leave your land unencumbered by a mortgage if you use home-only financing. We work with great lenders that can give you some innovative options and competitive rates.